26 April 2013

The Most Anti-Climactic Drum-roll, Please!

Well, I thought I'd share some news with my readers. I just found out that I did not advance to the final round of the contest I had entered. I'm not thrilled, of course, but I'm not devastated, either. I spent the past two months fretting over all the things that I thought were wrong with my manuscript, so much so that I was probably over-thinking it. So I guess I'm just glad to be out of the insecurity limbo.

Plus, this was the first thing I ever tried to do with my novel, and it's not even finished yet. Of course I was going to fail! It's the harsh reality of the publishing world. But it's certainly no reason to get discouraged. I just have to keep writing until I can't find anything to nitpick anymore. Then maybe there won't be any more insecurity, only optimism.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be discouraged... it is a right of passage. :)

    Persevere!

    Happy writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds very ambitious to submit your manuscript to something when you feel it's not finished! Good for you. Hope it was a good learning experience.

    ReplyDelete