05 October 2016

Everything and Nothing

It's the first Wednesday of the month, which means it's the posting day for the Insecure Writer's Support Group! Click here to learn more and sign up!


I can't believe it's October already! Where is the year going?? I haven't written a blog post since last month's IWSG, and I guess technically a lot has changed, well, since I GOT MARRIED. But you knew that was coming (most of you, anyway). Vegas was lots of fun and the wedding was short and sweet and (mostly) stress free. I did manage to win a little money on the slot machines but you go through a lot of money on food and alcohol and getting around. So far married life is pretty much the same as non-married life, but my husband and I have been together for nine years before we got hitched, so really not much has changed. And no, I haven't changed my last name yet and probably won't change it on the blog or my social media even if I do, since I think I'll still use just my maiden name for my pen name. Still deciding. 

Ok, you get one picture before I move on to writing stuff! I loved my flowers! They were so pretty. And my blue shoes, but they killed my toes and I switched to flip flops after the ceremony. 


Anyhoo, onto writing stuff. Well, not much progress there. I mean, I have been busy. Plus having a full time job makes it difficult to get any writing done. But I also just haven't felt like it lately. I just don't feel the drive. I get hints of it here and there but I feel like I don't want to force it. I think it will gradually come back once I get back into a normal life groove. I'd really love to get the third draft of my novel done some point soon. I doubt it will happen before the year is over, but the sooner, the better. 

Sometimes I feel like I just don't know what to write about. That's probably why I haven't been blogging too much lately. I just don't have any ideas. I can never seem to come up with anything new. I really would like to write something for the IWSG anthology contest, too, but I'm not sure if there's enough time or if I even have a good idea. I do have something in mind, but I just don't know if I can develop it enough and get it to where I want it to be in the amount of time we have. 

It seems whenever I don't know what to do, I just end up doing nothing. I would really love to get something submitted for the anthology, because I think I would regret not doing it more than doing it and not getting in. How can you have a chance if you don't even try? The good news is that I do have a lot of time this weekend by myself to try to work on some things. Whether I get a story done or even just some editing on UL, I think I'll count that as a win.

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And that pic is so sweet!

    Why don't you pick one writing project, just one - like the IWSG anthology - and make that your writing focus? It gives you a deadline, a word count, and a theme/genre. Put all your writing energy there and see what happens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I've been following your adventures on Instagram and have been enjoying it. You look gorgeous in that picture!

    We lowered the word count for the IWSG contest to 3,000 - 6,000 words, so maybe you'll be able to write something now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, are you the cuties couple! Congratulations! Try not to sweat not being in a writing phase. It'll come back to you. Ask me how I know. I go through periods of being very production and looooong periods of not writing anything at all. It ebbs and flows like the tide. I used to be concerned, I'm not any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great pic!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You were a beautiful bride.
    We've lowered the word count for the anthology so maybe that will help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Sarah! I love that picture.

    "It seems whenever I don't know what to do, I just end up doing nothing." <---This is me. Like, all the time.

    Wishing you a productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying to write when life is changing all around you is never easy. It'll all come back once things settle down. Congrats on the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on tying the knot. Hubby and I were together for 7 years before we got hitched, so not much changed for us either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! You're such a beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! :-) Sometimes I struggle with finding ideas too--but I find when I pay attention to the world around me I get inspired, even if it's just a reality show on TV inspiring me, or a friend's dilemma, or something random. I always find it more difficult to come up with ideas when I'm "on the spot" like the IWSG anthology. ;-) I do hope you get through your third draft soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! :) You look so happy, and I love your shoes and flowers. I've been in non writing funks too, especially when a lot is going on in my life. It always comes back--I hope it will soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations and all the best.
    As for the anthology, go for it. Even if you only write the first draft out that is a great beginning. You don't have to finished it in one day.
    Shalom aleichem,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your wedding. How wonderful. If you really want to write a story for the anthology, do it. Don't worry about if you'll finish it in time. If you don't start it, you won't finish it. Passing on my advice to self: quit waffling, write.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys look so cute! Congrats! I hope your weekend turns out productive. Even a little bit would be awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm new here, but got here just in time to see a pic of your wedding day. How cool! And you did it in Vegas. Even cooler. My hubby and I almost went to Vegas to celebrate one of our anniversaries... 35th? 40th?... not sure. Anyhow, we thought it would be a hoot to renew our vows with an Elvis impersonator. Never went, though. We decided we didn't want to go through all the hassles of flying. Anyhow, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeee, congratulations! And best wishes! <3

    Full time jobs do make you have to recalibrate your will to write. I'm still trying to work out some kinks, and I've been at this job for 5 months now! Don't worry, it'll return.

    ReplyDelete